- Write the code using Go programming language.
- Turn the requirements into very specific test cases that fulfill the definition of done.
- Produce the code that passes the defined test cases).
- Code review of other developers’ code.
- Following the “you build it – you run it” mindset (including production deployment).
- Troubleshooting production issues.
- Working closely with other teams, product owners, and stakeholders.
- 5+ years in backend and server-side development.
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns.
- Developing RESTful API and the very hot Microservices with Go native library.
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
- Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Strong knowledge of NoSql databases (we use MongoDB and Cassandra).
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and tracing tools (we use Datadog).
- Familiarity with Git and Sonarqube (please provide your GitHub account).
- Familiarity with Unix-like operating systems and shell scripting.
- Basic algorithms and data structures: searching and sorting, hash tables, big O notation
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development (TDD) environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Experience in Go with Kafka
- Familiarity with Protocol Buffers (a.k.a., protobuf)
- HTTP2 and gRPC
- Go microservices in Docker and Kubernetes (we run on the cloud and do CI/CD on Kubernetes with Jenkins X – https://medium.com/dailymotion/from-jenkins-to-jenkins-x-604b6cde0ce3).
- Actively following industry trends and maintaining strong interest in cutting edge technology